Resolve Your Loved One’s Estate
The period after the death of a family member or friend is always difficult. If the will names you as executor, you have legal obligations to manage as you deal with grief and family issues. The process of probating an estate must begin promptly, is lengthy and confusing, and is exceptionally difficult to handle if the executor lives out of the area where the will is probated.
As probate lawyers, we represent executors, handling all phases of estate administration. Our probate services include the following:
- Gathering assets
- Identifying and contacting heirs and other interested parties
- Post-mortem/death tax planning
- Helping the executor or manager actively manage assets until probate is completed
- Preparing federal estate tax and state inheritance tax returns
- Preparing fiduciary accounting
- Will contests and probate litigation
Our attorneys work closely with accountants to minimize taxes. Our experienced and trained paraprofessional staff handles administrative matters, an arrangement that is cost-effective and ensures the estate is settled as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our related estate planning services include tax law, elder law and drafting wills and trusts.
Call 610-444-3737 or e-mail our Kennett Square office to arrange a telephone consultation. We welcome calls from out-of-state parties with issues in the Chester County and Delaware County probate courts.